Wikimedia Developer Support

Suggestions for Wikipedia history pages

[Is this the right place for this message?]

Suggestions for Wikipedia history pages:

1. Instead of the phrase “updated since my last visit”, paint a BIG green dot on the left margin. (There is already a green dot; just make it bigger)

2. Optional filter to compress consecutive edits by the same user, with a summary “[N edits]”.

(For the “compare selected version” button, the oldest of those N edits is used, if the compressed entry is the start of the selected range; and the most recent of them is used, if the compressed entry is the end of the selected range.)

1 Like

Hey Jorge, nice to see you here. This seems doable with an user script (maybe CSS only?).

As far as actually changing Wikimedia projects interface for all users, that is a lot harder to get consensus for.

Thanks. But that green text was added not long ago, and the first change I proposed seems trivial.

By the way, is this the right forum for such suggestions?

Depends “how” you plan to implement such a change. If you’re aiming for a user script, this is the perfect place. If you want to change the default mediawiki skin (vector, I guess) then you’d need a task in phabricator.wikimedia.org and community consensus in several forums.

I’m not certain, but I think it is a default installed user script (gadget) in the English Wikipedia.